'Timspec' is now 'ITI Timspec'
2019 has seen a lot of changes here, Rex Holmes and I sold Timspec on the 1st April and the company now operates as ITI Timspec. The new owner is a Kiwi (Paul Shadbolt) and Paul lives in Australia. The change over happened quickly albeit we had been trying to sell for some years. The new business is keen to expand and we are looking for new products to distribute as well as feeling our way into new markets. Continue reading...>>
We are very pleased to welcome Reese Flaxman to the North Island sales team and Gareth has a new orderman in Hardeep Singh Naraan.
The really special news is that Chai Sha Liew has been with us 25 years on 12th Sept. a fantastic milestone. Apart from myself the longest serving member of the team.
Before I talk about supply issues I guess the key worry for many importers is where is this dollar headed? thankfully the NZ dollar rose nearly a cent against the USD, Thursday and Friday last week but it is still low (meaning imports cost more money to buy).
Ex Canada industrial action by WFP ( the largest Cedar sawmiller) workers on Vancouver Island could be spreading and it has some implications for Western Red Cedar supply if it is not settled before too long. We don’t know the true state of affairs but at this stage we are in good shape, as far as stock is concerned. This past week the second largest Cedar supplier (ie Interfor) announced the closure of its Hammond Sawmill. The implications on top of the strike action pose some interesting challenges. Continue reading...>>
- Radiata Cladding stocks and supplies as Clears as opposed to Finger Jointed are in great shape and fabulous value. Certclad jobs in clear H3.2 Radiata is a great seller.
- FJ laminated Taun sales are growing steadily in the paint joinery frame market as this fabulous product which is great value finds ready buyers. The Taun comes Resorcinol glued finger jointed and laminated and FSC 100% it is fabulous value for money, available as 140 x 35/46/72, 190 x 35/46/72 as well as 245 x 72.
- Kwila decking is now readily available as FSC 100% and comes in a variety of sizes as well as D4S. Our supplier has set up nurseries to grow seedlings and is doing great job to maintain an ongoing supply as well as protect the environment. The product quality remains second to none as for our FSC stock and you will not be disappointed. Some questionable supply chains are still operating, but like others we have supported and embraced the ITTG Policy ( check out ITTG at www.ittg.org.nz) and are helping lead the way. We supply a number of merchants with this or contact one of our office direst for details.
- Engineered T&G we now offer the best of Europe in European Oak T&G Engineered in Europe as FSC and with CARB2 compliance as far as formaldehyde emissions goes. In addition a new arrival is our Australian hardwoods version as Black Butt and Spotted Gum. I have used Spotted Gum myself in a renovation and it looks fabulous.
- European Beech sales are also very strong as we see strong interest in this medium density hardwood. Suitable for interior use only it is great value, light in colour and very even grain. Coming from Germany and Austria it has PEFC and or FSC certification.
- Accoya sales are still growing as we see more and more people recognizing the value in the product for cladding, decking and joinery applications. Being warranted even when using dark colours is a big plus, and being able to use wide boards with no warping issues is fantastic.
- During the past week we hosted the annual Australia New Zealand Accoya conference . a resounding success thanks to Loukya's hard work - thanks mate. The outcomes are exciting for us as we see new opportunities arising. The recent Architects trip to Arnhem and the upcoming Joiners trip to Australia are important keys to the better understanding of what can be done with this fantastic timber.
- Eva Last sales increase each month and who would doubt the quality of a wood plastic composite. Read on>>
- Ezi Trim Plus is the answer to all interior mouldings needs. It is a fabulously finished finger jointed moulding that is incomparable for paint finished jobs. Read on>>